Pitmedden Gardens, Castle Fraser & a night out in Aberdeen

Aberdeen Travel Blog

Suzi & I ready to hit Aberdeen

SUNDAY: DAY 31:  I don't have a journal for this day so bear with me. I'm not sure why I didn't keep notes, probably because it was our last full day which is always depressing to us. Our stops for today were places that we missed or were closed that had been on our itinerary. The first one being PITMEDDEN GARDENS that enclose a total of 5 miles and there was also a Museum of Farming Life. The gardens were very nice but a lot of flowers were still not in bloom. The main area was a walled garden with different plants. There were some pretty ones in the upper area. After here we went to CASTLE FRASER because when we attempted to tour this earlier, we arrived too late. This was a guided tour and pictures were not allowed inside as is the case with other inhabited castles.

the three of us
Building started in 1575 for the Fraser family. Things this castle had were a room full of stuffed animals, dollhouses, a wooden leg, a hidden trapdoor that revealed stairs and a spyhole which was my favorite! The spyhole looked into the Great Hall. This was really unique. There was a Round Tower that we climbed to the top for outside views of the gardens (which was closed) and surrounding area.

We then got into ABERDEEN late afternoon and I gave my friend, Paul (the guy I met in Banff) a ring & left him a message of the hotel we were at: ABERDEEN CITY HOTEL. We got our room and started the process of debriding our bags & packing our suitcases & carry-ons.

Pitmedden Gardens
We had went down for dinner in the hotel & guess who was in the lobby? None other than my male friend and was I surprised & pleased to see him! After dinner, he came up and helped us finish packing. Later he took us out for a night on the town in ABERDEEN. I can't remember the name of the club but it was 2 levels with people doing karaoke. The people singing were actually pretty good & could have given some of the American Idols a run for their money. lol The top level was less crowded & was set up like a country bar but didn't play country music. There, dancers did a rendition from the movie GREASE.  It was a fun night. Too bad it had to come to an end. I just loved Scotland; the beautiful scenery, castles, bagpipes and the people. Of course I was sad saying goodbye. Hopefully I'll be back in a couple years.

euphemy says:
You are welcome Gentry. Scotland is a magical place. :)
Posted on: Sep 13, 2007
gentry591 says:
What a great trip. Brought back so many memories. We really love Scotland too. Thanks for doing this blog. I will have to do a couple of our trips there.
Posted on: Sep 11, 2007
X_Drive says:
So you and Paul are engaged?! You actually gave him a ring!? Wow. :) Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
Posted on: Nov 01, 2006