Clansman Centre & Falls of Foyer

Aviemore Travel Blog

Loch Ness

THURSDAY: DAY 14: Had breakfast then visited the gift shop in our hotel. We did some shopping & I bought my neices t-shirts and myself a black shirt with a Sword on it. I love it! I got my youngest neice a pop-up Nessie book. It rained off and on. We drove along Loch Ness and got on the A82 to FORT AGUSTUS and visited the CLANSMEN CENTRE where we watched a DVD on Scottish Clans & I bought a Mood Ring for a couple pounds. We walked around town and went to an internet cafe and walked along the CALADONEAN CANAL. We went to GLENMORE FOREST PARK for a short walk then got the 862 road then we hiked down a path to view the FALLS OF FOYER  and forest walk. That was a pretty area and the Falls are about 135 feet tall. We hiked back up and did a short walk around Loch Ness then while driving we saw these 2 Mallard Ducks alond the side of the road so of course we stopped.

Falls of Foyer
Suzi fed them Crisps and whatever food we had with us at the time. One was female and one was male. The males are more colorful and well, prettier. The male had a green head and the female was a brown color. We also saw a faint rainbow so I took some pictures from the car.

Then we drove to AVIEMORE to the Cairn Mor B&B which was our "home" for 2 nights. There were 2 parts: a couple of rooms in the actual house and a separate building with 2 rooms and "Private" bathrooms, not ensuite which Suzi had requested. We were put in the separate building & our bathroom was downstairs. We weren't really happy about this because the bathroom was always cold.  It did seem like it was a new building and did smell of fresh wood.

Male & female Mallards on the side of the road.
That was the good thing about it. Our room had a single bed and a bunkbed. Suzi took the bunkbed since she is taller! lol We went into town for dinner at an Italian resaurant and we got Calmari starter and I got the Meat Calzone which was good.

The CAIRNGORM HOTEL was where we went out to and the entertainment was a young cute Accordian player. He was really good. I remember there being a cute bartender also.We walked the 1.5 miles back to the B&B even though we took a cab to go into town.

Wouldn't you know of all nights I woke up in the middle of the night nauseous! It wasn't pleasant going down steps to a freezing bathroom! I guess it was the calzone.

Falls of Foyer
Male & female Mallards on the side…
Male & female Mallards on the sid…
Faint rainbow near Loch Ness