Overnight flight

Pittsburgh Travel Blog

We left from Pittsburgh to Washington Dulles Airport. This was my 1st time to Dulles and I was not impressed. Then we boarded our overnight flight around 9:30pm to London Heathrow Airport where we arrived in the morning on the 15th. Although I have a difficult time sleeping on planes I did get a couple hours of light sleep.

We were doing a fly & drive tour with Brendan Tours which the cost included our round trip flight, car rental & vouchers for our B&B's & hotels for 31 nights. I was so excited as this would be so far my longest vacation! We had been planning it for over a year; looking at many books, including Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, Top 10 Guide and Dummies for Scotland.

X_Drive says:
I'm gonna have to find out about those fly and drive tours like tis one. Sounds so good. I tried two 15 day tours back to back. Too much too fast.
Posted on: Oct 21, 2006
euphemy says:
lol I didn't even notice that! I was irritated that there were no signs, no one would help & nothing to eat.
Posted on: Sep 30, 2006
vances says:
But sheesh...Dulles is the only airport I've ever visited where those stupid inter-terminal buses are hydraulic! I was impressed when the whole dang bus elevated, lol.....
Posted on: Sep 29, 2006