My time at Graceland

Memphis Travel Blog

In his lounge room

It was a secret fantasy I thought would never come true. But i found myself so close to Elvis..i had to visit his home. I felt a knot in my stomach as soon as I crossed into Memphis and I could not wait till the next day, when I would drive down Elvis Presley Blvd and into Graceland. It was a rainy day but I didn't care. From the time i got my ticket to the moment the bus pulled in front of Graceland, I had a weird feeling that this wasn't happening...but it was!

Walking through Graceland was amazing. All the furniture was the same as it was before Elvis died. The pictures on the wall of his parents and Priscilla were incredible. Although it felt like you were guided through like a rat..i still felt his presence there. Alot of rooms in the house became reality after seeing them in documentaries so many times before.

After visiting all the othere show rooms including the cars he had and the Lisa Marie plane, it was time to leave. But not before I bought my fair share of souveniers. I am not ashamed to say that i shed a tear at his grave and although I wasn't even born when he passed, he still has touched my life.

I love you Elvis!!

His dining room
His dining room
He loved his sports
He loved his sports
Doesnt my friend look like him???
Doesn't my friend look like him???
His grave