Dubai to Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)

Addis Ababa Travel Blog

DXB - ADD

This was the third leg of our trip: the first being Phoenix - New York, the second was New York - Dubai, and this Dubai - Addis Ababa and finally we will leave Addis Ababa - Entebbe. The hotel wake-up call came through promptly at 6:00 a.m. I was awake two hours earlier unable to sleep due to the time change. Desire did not seem to have been affected by it at all as she continued to sleep. Finally I was able to get her into the shower: we decide to have coffee and tea at the airport to avoid any delays and being rushed. We waited on Kevin whom I had invited to come join us in Kampala until he could figure out where his colleagues were and what arrangements they had for him. After writing a few post cards, I looked around and could not see Kevin still, so I assumed he had taken an earlier shuttle. Desire and I took the next shuttle to the airport.

Airport view
We had boarding passes for Dubai - Entebbe and since our bags had been checked through from New York to Entebbe, we did not have to worry about the long check-in lines. We headed to the food court and ordered tea for Desire, coffee for me and some Danishes. We kept looking around in the hopes of catching Kevin, but all in vain. We finally decide to head for the gate as the flight was boarding, it was at the boarding gate that we finally saw Kevin who came in just as we were lining up to get to the aircraft. The flight left on time as scheduled for Entebbe enroute Addis Ababa where we were to pick up passengers to Entebbe.

After three hours in the air, we began our decent into Addis Ababa. We spent an hour and a half in Addis waiting for passengers to Entebbe. We were not allowed off the plane as we were only boarding passengers to Entebbe.

Addis Ababa