Shooting Lesson

Squamish Travel Blog

Myself with a short gun.
This weekend supposed to be sunny. So I got to a trip with Drew, and his old friends, Peter and JC for a shooting and picnic.
First time ever (again) for myself touching a gun. Short gun and Rifle.
I wish I can put  a video here, it was funny when I shot a short gun. I was kicked away by the gun, and also closed my eyes.

Ahh,, so it is a closing eye shooting! Basically when I pull a trigger, I close my eyes.

We did a skid?? Not sure how to spell it but it is a flying target.

You won't believe that I successfully hit a flying target 1 out of 5 bullets for both rounds. So 20% chance, not bad , eh?

Ok, we came back home without any animal. Peter is a BC registered Hunter and he is registered to hunt deer, bear, cougar something like that.

But with these 3 people who has no license, we just practiced for fun!

Nice day,,
jeeplovingirl says:
Sweet! Target shooting is lots of fun, and you did great "skeet" shooting your first time. (unless you Canadians pronounce it differently, its a "shot" gun... shot is a bunch of little pellets instead of a single slug of lead). Hope you get to go again.

Just a word of caution -- something I learned the hard way -- if you ever shoot a rifle with a scope, don't put your eye too close to it. I have a little crescent scar over my eyebrow from one.

Thanks for the write-up!