My day trip to beautiful Bath.

Bath Travel Blog

I live in a little place called Lyneham in Wiltshire. Not much goes on there but not far down the road lies the wonderful city of Bath. I tend to get the train over whenever I'm a little bored.

A few months ago, not long after my return from a hectic two weeks in Florida, I felt the need for a bit of pampering. Those coasters get stressful after a while. Bath is partly famous for it's Roman Baths and it's newly opened Thermae Bath Spa (review to follow). So I booked myself in for a few hours but because it's such a busy place I had to wait til now to go! My session didn't start til 1.30 so I went in a bit early so I could have walk round and soak up the history on offer. Not to mention all the lovely little shops.
What used to be the entrance to the Kings baths
....and pubs.

I had a few things I needed to do while I was there but I got distracted by Baby Gap. My sister's due to give birth in mid June and Baby Gap has got some really cool stuff so I went a bit mad with little outfits for my nephew to be. Spent a while and too much money in there. But it was fun and I know it'll all get worn.

I've been to Bath loads of times before but I had never seen the Royal Crescent. Only ever on TV and on postcards. So, I found a map and started walking. The thing about Bath is, it's built on a hill and the Royal Crescent is, yes, you guessed it, right on the top. It was well worth the walk though. A breathtaking old Georgian building that seems to go on forever. I was a annoyed that I couldn't get it all in one shot though. I took a few photos and headed on back down the hill for my Spa Session.
What used to be the entrance to th…
What used to be the entrance to t…
Bath Abbey which dates back to 1499
The other end
The other end
Bath Sights & Attractions review
Amazing steam rooms.
Thermae Bath Spa opened in 2006. 4 years late and £32 million over budget. No surprise there then. I'd been past it on a few occasions and have wante… read entire review