Stone Mtn.

Stone Mountain Travel Blog

Our day started out earlier than usual today, it had to. They only served breakfast until 9 a.m. So we were up and dressed and down to eat around 8:30 a.m. Expanded breakfast with biscuits and gravy, donuts, waffles, sweet rolls, cereals, juices, etc. We ate and then went back to the room to pack and clean up for the day before hitting the road.

Stone Mountain, Georgia was our first stop this morning. I had heard so much about the nice area there I figured it would be a good stop. But being older and unable to do a lot of walking, I didn’t realize that this was going to be a less than perfect stop. We paid our $8.00 parking fee to get into the park. Wow, a pretty green and lush park setting, and then finally we see the large rock outcropping on our right. Then we see the top of the monument that has been chiseled into the face of the rock. We drove further and found a parking lot where we thought we could drive in closer and get a better look. Wrong. The ticket offices stop that idea. It was then we realized that each thing you visit has another fee to pay. That was true also at the Plantation House that was another mile or so away. We also drove to where the signs pointed to the Covered Bridge and Grist Mill. We took the narrow little lane down to the covered bridge and drove through and made the small loop around the lot, but never did see hide nor hair of the Grist Mill. Okay, not the best of luck at Stone Mountain.

Stone Mountain Sights & Attractions review
Really for the young
Stone Mountain, Georgia was quite different than the information I had seen in planning my trip. But the differences were all disappointing. I knew … read entire review
Stone Mountain