Southern Hospitality at its best

Ocala Travel Blog

As we pulled off the freeway in Ocala, the first thing we saw on the right side was a Cracker Barrel Store. Well, being from the other side of the world from here we had never seen or been able to experience one of them.

Let me tell you, if you haven’t stopped at one, you are missing something pretty wonderful. As we walked in and began looking around a nice young lady named Gay Lynn approached us and asked if she could help us. Little did she know that she was in for a new experience. We talked her ear off for several minutes until one of her co-workers, Kaylyn, came over. Well, then I had had two nice pleasant young ladies to talk to and before you know it we were talking about TravBuddy. Geeze, I’m terrible. I know it, I really do. But I just had to let them know about our site. We talked each others ears off for much longer than I’m sure we should have, but shucks it was fun. And finally we decided to even eat dinner there. That was not a bad choice. The dinner was excellent, at a good fair price, and with great service. Thanks again to Kaylyn for being so nice to us, even giving us a discount on the little purchases we made. And then thanks again to Gay Lyn for catching us as we walked out the door and wishing us well on our trip.

What a day! Our hotel was right around the corner, so we got in early enough to get some laundry done and I’ll put up todays picture now so that people can see the terrific day we had.

mistyleatherneck says:
Cracker Barrels are all up and down the east coast as far north as PA and all the way to the southern state of the U.S. The food is always good and the service has always been good. I love looking at the gifts in the gift shops!
Posted on: Jun 10, 2008
David says:
Thanks for spreading the word about TravBuddy =)
Posted on: Apr 30, 2008
Andy99 says:
We love Cracker Barrel restaurants and almost always include one in a road trip! They hand out a nice US road map. (Shows the locations of all CBs so you can plan the next stop, but is also a very handy US highway map.)
Posted on: Apr 30, 2008
Cracker Barrel Store, Ocala
Cracker Barrel Store, Ocala
Our stay for the night.
Our stay for the night.
Ocala Hotels & Accommodations review
Staff tried its darnedest to right a problem
The Best Western Ocala Park Centre has been recently renovated. It is a four-story facility with 137 rooms. Located just off Interstate 75 it is in a… read entire review
Ocala Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A great new experience!
Being from the west coast I had never had the opportunity to experience the Cracker Barrel Store. This was the idea of a guy who knew how to eat when… read entire review
photo by: AmeNoMiKumari