Savannah

Savannah Travel Blog

Now on to Savannah for some real Historic homes. One different kind of place first though. I had to stop and get a picture or two of the storage tank in southern Savannah that is painted to resemble the earth. Yep, a large round tank painted to look just like it. Even the mail box!!

Savannah has so many great old homes and churches it was impossible to get all of them on film. No place to park or stop, and even if we had taken a tour ride, the huge trees cover so much of the squares and front areas it would have been hard to get good pics. I did what I could and will post a few. Judy even had a chance to get a picture of Lady and Sons restaurant. That’s Paula Dean’s place, she’s the fun southern Chef from television.

We also had time to take in the Roundhouse Railroad Museum. Lots of pics there. This is a pretty large facility and it took us quite some time to cover it. But I have always loved trains so it was one of my "can’t miss" places.

Gail says:
Loved this city..we had lunch at Paula Deans restaurant...where are your pictures? Sooo many photo ops, did you see the Mercer House?
Posted on: May 03, 2008
I liked this name on a gas station.
I liked this name on a gas station.
Savannah Sights & Attractions review
Railroad buffs unite. This is a great site.
The Roundhouse Railroad Museum had its origins back in 1838. No, it wasn’t a museum in those days. It was the beginnings of the Central Georgia Rail… read entire review
Savannah