Kinder, LA

Kinder Travel Blog

Now on to Lake Charles for the end of the day. Or so we thought. Actually all the places in that area were full, so we headed on east and then north to Kinder, LA, where we found a room at a small motel named the Scottish Inn. No internet, only one queen bed and no in room amenities that we are used to, like a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and an alarm clock. There was TV and a hair dryer. This truely was a 1/2 star single story motel.

Dinner was special. In Kinder is a great place where all the locals eat. And that night they were all out after a baseball game. You order and pay and then go try to find a table to sit at. I had Alligator, a baked potato, cole slaw, and a dinner roll. Judy had chicken strips, instead of the Alligator, so we could trade or share. It was very good and we had way too much food to eat.

Back to our room by about nine p.m. and wrote our entries till nearly 11:30.  Sleep wasn't too easy because even though only a few rooms were occupied that night, the ones that were had rowdy, angry, drunk or loud folks who managed to fight and holler most of the night.  Not too restful.

X_Drive says:
We didn't get the spicy sauce, but I'm sure they would have had some for you if you asked for it. It was good though! :)
Posted on: Apr 25, 2008
tjohnsonsr says:
Gator! YUM! And it does NOT taste like Chicken!! lol. Did they serve spicy sauce with the gator?
Posted on: Apr 25, 2008
Kinder Hotels & Accommodations review
Can I please rate this at 1/2 star?
Getting very late and with no decent motels/hotels within my GPS's range we turned north and headed to Kinder, a very small town in Southern Georgia. … read entire review
Kinder Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great Cajun cooking!
I’m sure everyone has heard that good things come in small packages. Well, this is surely one of those things. The community of Kinder has a pop… read entire review