Houston, we have landed!

Houston Travel Blog

It’s only about 45 miles from Katy on in to Houston and south to where the Johnson Space Center is. But the traffic entering Houston was a mess due mainly to construction and then the time of day so instead of arriving at 4:30 it was almost 6:30 p.m. Our hotel for the night is the Best Western NASA in very near the center in Webster, a suburb of Houston and very close to the Johnson Space Center. We drove around like headless chickens trying to find this hotel. We had the address, we had it set in my GPS unit, we even had the desk clerk at the hotel on the line, and we were both fairly awake, but I’ll be darned if we didn’t drive by it three times looking on the wrong side of the street because the GPS told us wrong.

After we got checked in and set we went out for dinner at a nearby Outback Steakhouse, which has always been one of our favorite places for a good steak dinner. It’s nice to have my stomach back in good shape.

Back at our room I discovered that they don’t have a wired internet that I need. So I sit and download all my pics for the day, about a hundred, write some blog material and figure out that today we added 234 miles to our total. It also shows that we are 1750 miles from home. Tomorrow, we blast off.

portia says:
sure nice to have a prius when you have to go cross-country like this.
X_Drive says:
As a matter of fact I do track the price of gas. At home we paid $3.799 for regular 87 octane gas. And so far our cheapest has been $3.299 and most recently $3.519 today in Alabama. But we get between 45 and 50 mpg, so it doesn't hurt.
portia says:
it would be boring probably, but maybe a record of the gas prices you see along the way? makes it depressing at home here with premium gas over 4.12 per gallon. How are you doing on your mileage?
photo by: vances