A sniffley week in Sydney

Sydney Travel Blog

I don't seem to have managed to make a dent in the list of things I'd been told I must do when I got to Sydney but I blame the nasty cold that someone has given me! I've still enjoyed my time here though (thanks go to Becks and Vicky for accompanying me on a number of night's out) and plan on coming back very soon to do the job properly!

First night was Aussie BBQ night.... sausages, kangaroo rolls and beers. You can guess the rest ;-)

Tuesday was a slow day so just booked a few trips then had a little wander around town through the botanical gardens and up to the harbour, quick drink in the Rocks before heading back to the hostel.

30/04: Winetasting in the Hunter Valley, then back to the hostel for a private wine drinking session with my newest friends

01/05: Day trip to the Blue Mountains; nice walk through the Grand Canyon then a trip down the scenic railway and back up on the cablecar. By this time the cold had really started to kick in so although it was pretty all I really wanted was my bed :-(

Sunday 04/05: I took the ferry out to Manly and walked up the beach to take a look at the 'scenery' (there was a surf and lifesaving competition taking place). Then did the Manly Scenic Walkway (10km plus a few detours) from Manly to Spit so I got a little exercise. Beautiful views of the harbour and I finally got a chance to dip my toes in the water. I really must get around to buying a swimming cossie!

Sydney