The Canyon is Grand

Grand Canyon Travel Blog

Pimped ride!
Canyon time! I had been waiting for so long to get to the Grand Canyon and I had chosen a means of transport that didn't involve any form of flying. Not that I am scared of flying but that I am petrified of small planes every since I was in a Cessna in Australia and was actually relieved I could jump out at 10,000 feet just to avoid staying in the 40 year old converted crop duster.

The Pink Jeep Tour is great and our guide John was friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic not to be doing his old day job of touching up prints on a computer. I shared the trip with an older Canadian couple and a young Scottish couple that had emigrated to New Zealand. As I sat in the front travelling alone, I was secretly glad not to be in the back of the Jeep as it wound its way through the off-road section because I had the best view and I can get travel sick in the back of cars.
Yes, I am such a pussy and a lightweight!

The Canyon was amazing and it justly deserves to be prefixed with “Grand”. What was not amazing was the glass sky walk. Save your pennies, the view is not that good and unless you feel the absolute need to burn $60 on a 5 minute walk and old paper photo (both of which I did!!) stick to the path way and you get just as a good a view and no vertigo. On the way home everyone snored loudly, a job well done by Pink Jeep! That is, every snored loudly except me because I drank an espresso ice latte and was buzzing all the way back to Vegas.

Later that evening, Melanie arrived for a debrief. We sat in the casino drinking her favourite drink and sliding 10 dollar bills into the machines while I explained the psychology and technology behind these machines that prevents the average person from scoring. She really is great company and I was glad I had a new friend to keep me entertained.
mattango says:
Grand Canyon is fantastic ;-)
TRE69 says:
I haven't been to the Grand Canyon since I was a child...your pics convinced me that I must go back!:P
jenn79 says:
I want to hear about the psychology and technology behind those machines!!
Joshua trees
Joshua tree's
Hoover dam
Hoover dam
The lake!
The lake!
Stay off the wall or you will be S…
Stay off the wall or you will be …
Met at the dam