Day 28 - Primates 1

Cha-am Travel Blog

Kappy
Last day today! We have planned to go to the National Park tomorrow so today is my last working day though I won't leave till the 1st. Thankfully Emma didn't have anything up her sleeve and I was on P1 again all day so I made sure I spent some time with my heroes. I was particularly pleased to see Jung making friends with shy and skinny Tan who has been moved there because she's not eating. Jung would sit a few feet near Tan in a non-threatening "welcome" sort of way, then walk or somersault off, and when Tan moved somewhere else, Jung would return to sit beside her making gentle 'ooh' noises, till finally she sat right by Tan and chattered up against her ear in a gibbony sort-of kiss. It was so cute to watch, and made me love Jung even more.

I also spent some time with the babies in Quarantine; beautiful Kappy and darling Dong, the new appiliated gibbon who is silver-grey in his infancy though he will grow up black and white.
Kappy
Kappy is bigger than Dong and can already swing, though he keeps 'accidentally-on-purpose' kicking Dong in the head as he swings past. It is cute to see little Dong's face screw up in resentful frustration as he follows Kappy's back swing away before settling back down to cuddle his little pillow quietly. I hope Dong learns to stand up for himself and gives Kappy the retaliation he deserves but in the meantime he made me laugh as Kappy swung by with a kick and then hung from the cage top with his limbs spread. Little Dong reached out for Kappy's willy and gave it a tug, much to Kappy's surprise!

Since we were due a 4.30am start to the national park in the morning we made sandwiches, prepared water barrels and collected fruit to take and went to bed for 10pm. Unfortunately Emma knocked shortly afterwards to break the news that we couldn't go afterall because of landslide warnings. We were seriously put out by this, as we'd all been looking forward to it so much and were so surprised that somehow we'd managed to arrange a day off all together. Sadly, there was nothing we could do though so we just agreed to go to Cha-am or Hua Hin for the day instead.
Dong