8th Day Primates 2

Cha-am Travel Blog

Quiz Team

Today was the first day that I've been on a team with 3 people who are already trained and can just get on with the job thank god. Lieke, Stina and I ran through cleaning cages, though somehow we still finished in the same time as it took Lindsay and an untrained me in tow. Weird how time works like that here...

The day went fairly uneventfully (for this also read 'smoothly'), and then in the evening we had a quiz and a bit of a party to say goodbye to some of the long-term staff who leave tomorrow; Stina, Rebecca, John, Sarah, and Brad. The quiz was 5 rounds about the centre, and I suprised myself with how much I knew. The teams were headed by the long-term staff, so there was a certain amount of rivalry as to which of them would win through their centre knowledge. Our team was eventually called the winner, though a re-count revealed that our markers had just been too drunk to count properly and we hadn't won at all. It didn't really matter though, the prize we would have won was a trip to the National Park, but Simon won't have time to take us before the wet season arrives and it becomes dangerous to go. We may pay to go instead on a day off.

Elise and I had prepared vodka watermelons, so after the quiz everyone chatted over drinks, getting noisier and more animated as was expected. I shared our watermelon out and called it a night at almost midnight, though some the leavers stayed up till 3am and went out in the boat on the lake! They are pretty lucky they didn't have an accident in the water in the dark...!

Cha-am