Arrival in Berlin Schoenefeld at 9am

Berlin Travel Blog

To arrive in Berlin at 9am, means to leave Dublin at 5:55am!! I don't need to tell you that I am flying with Ryanair as the time implies that already ;) Thank god I'm good in the morning but pray for the staff at the hotel that we are allowed to check in early.

We almost missed our flight!! We arrived at the airport at 5:20am and we only made it because we skipped the megalong queue and ran to the gate. The plane was waiting for another passenger, thank god! When we arrived in Berlin we bought a Welcome Card for 72 hours. This includes a train ticket nd a discount booklet. It was a short enough ride to Koepenick, where we booked our hotel. The Altstadt of Koepnick is supposed to be very nice but we didn't have any sightseeing in mind. All we could think about was....BED!!! Thankfully we were allowed to check in already, so off we went to bed for a little siesta.

After a good sleep, it was off to town for some serious shopping. I have to say, Berlin is not the best spot for shopping. We went to Kurfuerstendamm (Ku'damm), which is supposed to be good for shopping. Loads of shops around there alright but I couldn't find a thing. Ed wasn't lucky either. We spent ages walking from shop to shop and no luck. KaDeWe is worth a visit though...we wouldn't be able to afford any of the things there to be honest but it's a great plave to wander around. On the top floor they have a food area which is amazing! You can sit down and have lunch or diner but also buy all sorts of different foods and drinks. Amazing!

Anyway, after hours of walking we gave up and went back to Koepenick and because we were so tired just went to the first restaurant that we could see. A Chinese/Thai restaurant. The food was nice and the prices reasonable, so we were happy out. After that, it was off to bed.

OurWorldTrip says:
Hahaha, hopefully you'll get to see more soon :)
Posted on: Sep 18, 2006
X_Drive says:
Good Start! heehee :)
Posted on: Sep 18, 2006
Berlin Hotels & Accommodations review
We only stayed in the Courtyard in Koepenick because we could redeem a few Marriott points :) Koepenick is about 30minutes away from Berlin City Centr… read entire review
photo by: CFD