Pack it Up, Pack it in...

London Travel Blog

Ok there are officially 53 days left until I get frisked at the airport by an over zealous security guard. Not that I'm counting... I realise that knowing the exact amount of days till I leave, particularly when it's over 50, is a little bit geeky and overexcited but sod it I am overexcited (and perhaps a little bit geeky).

The amount of stuff to organise is stupid - quite frankly the stress involved makes me think I deserve a holiday.. And yes, for all you cynics, trying to decide which shoes to take and what six tops I will be wearing for the next six months IS stressful. (You can take the girl out of London...)

So yeah, in 53 days I will officially be a nomad, or as I like to think of it a vagrant.

The plan so far is Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Sumatra, Java, Bali, Lombok, Sulawesi then home cold home.  The more likely scenario is that upon arriving in Singapore I will light up a cigarette in the wrong place and end up in jail for the rest of my life but hey here's to dreaming....

Higton says:
You think that´s sad? I had a countdown in both working days and total days. And I started from 153 to go...
Posted on: Nov 10, 2006
Amanda says:
WOW!! I'm a HUGE fan of both Singapore and Malaysia, you'll LOVE them; I see you've already done Thailand before? I can't WAIT to hear more about your travels in Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam!! So cool!!!
Posted on: Sep 16, 2006
Eric says:
Don't worry, the countdown always seems to go by faster than you think :) How long are you going to be gone?
Posted on: Sep 14, 2006