A day in Meppel with Stevie_Wes

Meppel Travel Blog

I'm staying here!

Yesterday, after spending the weekend in Leiden with a large group of TravBuddies, I managed to persuade Steve to come home with me to Meppel. (I had to fight Devika over him but I won, hahaha! :-P) We travelled to Meppel by train with Wendy and got home around 7pm. The kids were dropped off, the bedtime ritual done and then Steve and I ordered in pizza and had a nice chat before going to bed.

This morning things were back to the usual: getting up early with the kids, feeding and dressing them and then off to school. In the morning we just pottered about a little bit: had some breakfast, checked out TB to see all the pics of the meet-up, that sort of thing. We then had lunch with the girls and after Reagan went back to school, Steve, Jordan and I went for a walk.

Are you sure?

First we went to the train station where I had left my bike on Saturday. From there we walked to the park where we fed the animals, and after that we walked into town. Steve went to the local tourist information office to find out some info about trains but they couldn't help him and referred him to the travel agency. So when I want to school again to pick up Reagan I left him behind in town to have a bit more of a look around and then go the travel agents. He ended up booking a night coach from Utrecht to Berlin for that night. We spent some more time together and Steve entertained the kids by drawing pictures (he's a wonderful artist and I have a Steve Wes original!) and playing with them. They were not impressed when they found out he was leaving again so soon! We had some home cooked lasagna this time and after I put the girls to bed Steve and I said our goodbyes and he walked off into the sunset...

Steve, I really enjoyed having you stay and I hope your trip is everything you want it to be!

YantiSoeparno says:
It must be a wonderful experience... feeding animals with children...
The animal that I can feed in my neighborhood is only hungry cats that keep miau on me... :D
Posted on: Sep 02, 2008