Getting tested

Steenwijk Travel Blog

Nice house

Today I went to the CWI, which is an organisation in The Netherlands (government owned if I'm correct) that helps people get work. Basically you can go there when you're unemployed to look at available jobs, and they can also help you get retrained and stuff. Now I am unemployed but at the moment am not obliged to look for work as my youngest daughter is only 3 years old and not in school yet. Normally this would not be reason enough for me not to work as I hate sitting at home but there are a few reasons why I am taking some time out from work.

1. I have had my own business for the past few years and have worked my ass off with only debts to show for it at the moment. I am still quite busy getting stuff finalised with the business.
  2. I am a single mum to two young daughters and they need my attention now due to some personal stuff we have gone/are going through.
    Another nice house
  3. The waiting list for daycare in Meppel is about 1 year and I have no other babysitters I can rely on on a daily basis.
  4. I was told by some healthcare professionals to take it easy for a while.

But as it is not in my nature to not do anything I decided I might take this time to sort out what I can do to improve my future. I know exactly what I would like to do but as it might be a few years before this is possible (read: before my kids are old enough) I thought I might accept the offer of taking some tests to see what my skills are and what sort of jobs I would be suitable for when I can go back to work. So off I went to Steenwijk, and I remembered to take my camera so I took some pictures while I was there...

pms70 says:
Dank je Carla!
Posted on: Aug 13, 2008
cvanzoen says:
Ik hoop voor je dat de situatie gauw wat beter wordt wat betreft je gezondheid en het afhandelen van vorige werkzaamheden. Dat zou een stuk rust kunnen betekenen. Succes!
Posted on: Aug 13, 2008