Feeling satisfied after two days work

Meppel Travel Blog

Today was my second day of work for my new boss. I am working as a chef (although at the moment I feel more like a kitchen hand) at "De Brasserie". This is coffee shop (no, not one of THOSE) which also serves small meals, sandwiches, etc. So far the work has been fine, it's not difficult although very disorganised at times. The kitchen is very small and there are quite a few people working in it. A lot of the time there doesn't seem to be much structure, no-one seems to know what the others are doing. I won't say that to my boss yet though... The food is good, and they also make their own icecream in the cellar, which is sold in De Brasserie and the Ice Cream Shop Huberts next door. They also have small cars driving around selling ice cream. There is a large outside area where you can sit in the sun (it's been getting warmer lately) and watch people go by, one of my favourite past-times. Tomorrow I have a day off and then it will be back to work for 4 days. I have next Friday off which will be good. It will take some getting used to again, but it's fun to work with some nice people and not sit in an office on my own in my own house almost every day, which is waht I've been doing mostly for the pas year and a half...
photo by: Stevie_Wes