Day off with the girls

Zwolle Travel Blog

Today I had a day off work and spent it with my two wonderful daughters. I did have a few things to do but made it fun for them too and we had a good day together.

First we did a few things around the house. Then we went into town on the bike which my eldest loves especially. She has just learned to ride her bike without side wheels and she would be riding all day and night if you let her! I had a doctor's appointment (which I showed up an hour late for, I had written the time into my diary wrong...) and the girls found that very interesting as they hadn't been to the new doctor's office yet. Sometimes kids can be so easily pleased! (But other times....) We then went to the town hall to get some information. They have Lego there so that was fine for the girls too. And then after morning tea at home we undertook somewhat of an adventure.

...

We rode our bikes to the train station after which we put the bikes on the train to Zwolle. We rode the train there and then got the bikes off again and rode into town. I had an appointment there but we had plenty of time so we went for ice cream at Talamini's first... This was somewhat of a tradition for me, I don't think I've ever been to Zwolle without having an ice cream cone there unless they were closed... We then walked around the markets a bit, they have open air markets every Friday in Zwolle. We then went to a book shop where I ended up buying some books for my eldest as she is starting to read herself. I then went to my appointment where the girls did some drawing while I spoke to someone and we had another walk around the city centre after that. Zwolle is quite nice and I did take some pictures although not many. And after all that it was back home on the train with the bikes and some food shopping as we have a long weekend this weekend.

Dinner was "poffertjes", which are tiny pancakes.

Stevie_Wes says:
I can vouch for the girls addiction to Leggo! :)
Posted on: Jun 19, 2009
Sassenpoort
De Peperbus (The Peppermill)
De Peperbus (The Peppermill)
Zwolle Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Cafe with basic cafe food and pizza's
I went here today with my two daughters aged almost six and three. They ordered tosti's, toasted sandwiches that is. One with ham and cheese, the othe… read entire review
Zwolle