Getting settled

Meppel Travel Blog

De Beurs

Yesterday I arrived in Meppel....again. I have lived here so many times I almost lost count and for now I will probably live here again for a few years at least. To start off with I will be staying in my mum's holiday home, which sounds small and pokey but it's actually a very comfortable house right  in the city centre. As she lives in Ireland and spends a lot of time in The Netherlands a few years ago she decided to buy a house in Meppel which is close to a lot of family and friends. She bought a new one recently which is quite large and suitable for dual occupation with the exception of a second kitchen. So for now she is letting me stay there until I find my own place to live with my two daughters.

Today my friend Ragna came to visit. I hadn't seen her in a while and it was good to catch up. We walked through the city centre and sat down on a sunny terrace outside "De Beurs", a cafe restaurant. We both had a nice salad and enjoyed the sun and a good chat.

Tonight my sister and her family came around for dinner, I cooked some fried rice and sateh. Even though I didn't really want to come back as it felt like I was "giving in", it is good to be back in familiar surroundings amongst family and friends...

Africancrab says:
Don't you love mothers. A holiday home reminds me of cabins and high lands.
Posted on: Mar 25, 2010
Meppel Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Outdoor lunching in Meppel
I have eaten here a few times and usually the food has been quite nice. I had lunch here with a friend on April 9th 2008. We ate out on the terrace wh… read entire review
Meppel Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Beautifully located basic restaurant
The restaurant is situated on a two master that is more than 100 years old. The interior is pleasant with lots of woodwork and copper. There is seatin… read entire review
photo by: Stevie_Wes