Solo traveling to the city of romance

Paris Travel Blog

After a long drive on the highways through Köln, Germany and through Belgium, we finally arrived in Paris, France. Whoo Hoo! It was after 7 p.m. and we were still aimlessly driving through the complicated Parisien roads. You know what???!!! I didn't make any hotel reservation ahead and had no plan! It doesn't sound like me, huh?! Well, eventually we arrived at the area of République (the 3e arroundissement), I spotted a 3-star hotel at the corner of Rue Meslay and Rue Du Temple. There was a subway station entrance next to the hotel.  I asked Steve to stop the car and let me check if the hotel has any rooms available. I asked the manager over the front desk if they have single room for 4 nights and how much.  He checked the record and schedule and said, "Yes, we have a single room for you!" and he let me check the room before I decided to take it. Steve unloaded my lugguage from his car and said goodbye to me. He stepped on the gas pedel and drove back to the U.K. I checked into the room and then went for dinner at the restaurant next to the hotel.

After dinner, I decided to brave myself to explore the neighborhood a little bit. I walked along the main streets to the Opéra Quarter...it was almost 2 miles. I saw the Opéra de Paris Garnier in front of me. It was really nice but was a bit late. Therefore, I walked all the way back to the hotel, which totally took me a little bit more than an hour. I started to put together my plan for the next day. The walk really made me sleep so well that night.

TRE69 says:
I stayed on Montmarte when I went to Paris...it is a lovely neighborhood. There was a bistro called La Banquise that I went to almost every night...the waiter told us through charades to point at the menu rather than us mispronouncing and butchering the French language...HAHAHA!
Posted on: Aug 06, 2008