Alone in Phuket

Phuket Travel Blog

Well, Zaks passport got lost in the mail thanks to Aust Air Express, so I've started the trip without him.  Left Melbourne last night, and managed to sleep for most of the 9 hour flight, only woke up to eat the two meals and watched Bee Movie.  So the flight was quick, and I was in Bangkok in no time.

Had a bit of a scare in Bangkok, I had a couple of hours to kill, so i went walking around the airport exploring.  Ended up going outside the airport to see how the temperature was, but when I tried to go back the way I had come from they wouldnt let me through!  So started to get worried for a bit trying to work out how to get back to where I was meant to be and in time.

I ended up walking around the airport, and eventually worked out how to get back, but I did start thinking I might get stuck in Bankok with no where to go.

The flight to Phuket was short, and caught a taxi to Patong, when I realised the travel agent hadn't given me my accommadation voucher, so I was almost starting to stress again that I wouldn't be able to stay there.  But they eventually found my name on their system and gave me a room!  And thats about it for now, its hot, might go for another swim and get harrased by all the local tuk tuk drivers, indian suit makers and thai massage girls!

alexusa says:
nice story, glad that u had fun time :)
Posted on: Aug 14, 2008
andrealane says:
hey Dyl. pls do NOT go wandering around airports, bars, thai women, or transvestites. or indian suit makers. just stay by the pool. till Zak gets there.
love you. xx