Ireland and Scotland trip 17-30.08.2007

Ireland Travel Blog

Guinness Brewery

Arrived in Baile Atha Cliath (Dublin) via Budapest (Hungary) • Frankfurt (Germany). What can I say about Dublin: brilliant, fantastic, magnetic! I love it! I loved my time in Scotland but I simply adore Ireland. Definitely you must go! People are the friendliest in the world, best beer on the planet, great parties and good time (“craic” as they say).

So after a few days in Dublin, went south to Limerick. I took a bus and managed to see the countryside and believe me I’ve never seen hills greener than that. Limerick is nice, spent 2 days there and then went to Galway, on the west coast of Ireland. Galway is great, full of young people, pubs and vibrant night life.  After 2 days there I went to the Cliffs of Moher and the in the Burren. What can I say about the sights! Simply beautiful and breathtaking, especially if you get them on a sunny day.

Next I was back in Dublin and took a plain to Glasgow where I’ve spent the weekend and saw my team playing a match (they won 5-0 btw).

Back in Dublin where I stayed a few days more to explore the city. I fully recommend you take a Sightseeing Bus Tour. I managed to see most of Dublin main attractions in one day. The buses work on “hop on hop off” rule so you can stay as much as you want in one place and then get the next bus (busses come every 15-20 minutes • just remember where the station is).

Ps: I also got lucky with the weather, it was sunny 90% of the time, I even got a tan :)

Dublin