Nice Nice

Nice Travel Blog

One whole free day on the riviera, free to sleep in and do whatever I want.  Spent the day with my two new girlfriends, shopping at the market, visiting the castle ruins and hanging out at the beach.

The ruins were beautiful despite the long walk uphill, am sooo unfit, we even saw a lovely fountain, will post pic soon.

Got lots of excercise, helps walk off all that wine and food.  Had another picnic lunch from the supermarket, a great excuse to go gourmet, bought crayfish, smoked salmon, brie and beautiful raspberries, bit windy on the beach for a picnic though.  I still cant believe people where swimming, I only got in up to my knees, brrr freezing, two of the canadian girls where in there for at least five minutes, brave crazy girls.

Dinner was served at the hotel in their cramped little dining room, cant complain though, we are a pretty big group. Had salad leaves and tomato, while everyone else had quiche and salad, and almost didnt get my main (Roast chicken and vegetables) because they didnt understand gluten free and thought it meant vegetarian, followed by rich chocolate and vanilla icecream.

Then we took a short walk down the road, (yeah right, not all that short, lucky I had my big winter coat, was freezing).  We went to an Irish pub for a pub quiz, was in a group with my new friends with some help from our guide and driver, great fun, I thought we had done really badly in the quiz, it was kinda hard, but it turned out we did quite well, even if we didnt win anything.  The cocktails were delicius, managed to stop at 2 and had an early night, to prepare for a long day tomorrow.

photo by: EmyG