EuropeFranceNice

Florence to nice and Monaco at night

Nice Travel Blog

Monaco at night

Monaco is beautiful, stylish and rich looking, vast sweeping scenery, gorgeous ocean views and about a million boats and yachts.  The group got driven into Monaco from Nice on the Bus, by Malcolm, (a great guy and good driver), after photo opportunites, those doing the optional dinner, (including me) went for dinner in a quaint little restaurant, set menu.

The dinner started with a delicious yet unidentifiable red cocktail, I even had two as the lovely Tramg didnt want hers, as she doesnt drink alcohol at all, very sweet of her. I had to skip the first course as it was pizza and no other choices, too bad really, not very french either. I then had the salade nicoise and th salmon, (nice but a bit dry), and had to skip dessert, nothing gluten free again, but had so much wine during dinner I didnt mind a bit.

Dinner ran a little late so we only had a short time to see the casinos, that in mind there was no way in hell I was going to pay ten euros just to spend 30 minutes in the Monte Carlo, especially since im not even into gamblng.  So went into the smaller, yet cute free casino, despite the fact that it was down a whole lot of stairs, and then got stung 13 euros for one vodka and orange, ouch and had to drink that in a fast pace as I lost track of time and had to rush to meet the bus to go back to Nice.

Nice