Paris

Paris Travel Blog

[Copied straight from my personal blog, so please bear with any strangeness that doesn't make any sense.]

As you know (or more likely, didn't know), me and my sister went Eurailing/Backpacking across Western Europe from May 16th - June 15th. It was exhausting and stressful and dirty and everything else you could possibly imagine it to be... but we had the time of our lives! Got to see the most amazing sights, and meet some fabulous people, and have experiences we'll never have again. In the end, I think we'd both agree that smelling like BO for a month and nearly clawing each other's heads off every other day was definitely worth it.

I can't even imagine how long one of my usual entries about this trip would be (I'm thinking novel-length), but I'll do my best to hit some of the highlights while I still remember... though I honestly don't think I could ever do this trip justice with words. So many tiny moments, and memories, and inside jokes really made this trip what it was....and trying to write about them a month and a half later.....? Well....not so much. :] But here goes anyway...

First stop: Paris

Technically this trip started in Ireland, where Lauren flew in to meet me. But as we flew out to Paris the very next day, let's start there.

Paris is amazing. It is, hands down, one of my favorite cities. It's just so beautiful, and there's so many unique areas and pockets of town, and there's so much to see....and we saw it all most of it. We were only there for three days, but we hit all the main attractions: Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, the Opera House, Arc de Triumph, Champs Elysses, the gardens, Montmartre (where we stayed), the Louvre (which we got into for FREE!)...

Overall though, I think Lauren was less in love with Paris than I was. Granted, it was cold the whole time, and downpoured on us for nearly 3 days straight, but whatcha gonna do.

And if you were wondering where all the beautiful pictures are from Paris, well....I promptly deleted them all the moment we got to Spain. *hangs head in shame* Trust me, I hate myself as much as you, but it was an ACCIDENT, okay!

Being the first stop, and with no pictures to prove that we were ever actually there, it almost feels like Paris didn't even exist as a stop on this trip....so, moving on to more exciting places and stories. :]

VegasBrittney says: