Just a quick layover in Sao Paulo ;)

Guarulhos Travel Blog

the airport

I'm aware I can't say I visited Sao Paulo, because I didn't even leave the airport. But at least I put my feet outside the airport, hahaha. My boss wanted to smoke and because it's forbidden doing it inside the buildings, we had to step outside ;)

After almost 3hrs flying, we arrived to Sao Paulo. Sao Paulo is 1 hour ahead from Santa Cruz. Because we were changing airlines, we had to claim our bags and go to the counter. It was my first direct contact with Portuguese - besides the TV -  and I realized that it's not so similar to Spanish as I expected.  It was easier reading the English boards. Anyway, my boss was tired and bored, so he wasn't much patient.

This was also my 1st time in that airport, but my boss sayed that because I was Latin, I was supposed to be his guide here, plop! I found our counter. We checked in and left the big bags. Now we were free to get something to eat and I wanted to get a magnet for my collection. We had more than enough time, almost 3 hours.

We flew with a domestic airline: TAM. This is a very good one. I liked the fact once you go inside the plane and sit, they offer you candies and you listen to Bossa Nova ;) The staff is really friendly and takes good care of the passengers - and good looking too, hehehe.

At 5:20pm we left Sao Paulo. Rio was waiting for us... I was ready for Rio, was Rio ready for me???

Guarulhos General Tips & Advice review
Airport in São Paulo - São Paulo Guarulhos International Airport
I was there just 1 time and just for a layover. Maybe the most important thing to know about it would be for the American Citizens. As JC said in his … read entire review
photo by: yadilitta