My last day in Rio :( But I’ll be back sooner than expected ;)

Rio de Janeiro Travel Blog

bell tower at the Cathedral

After a hard day (especially the night) I needed the wake up call really badly in order to wake up. I stood up and my head wasn’t killing me, but wasn’t all right either. I was smart and before going to bed I left all my clothes ready for the next day and almost packed everything, because we were leaving Rio that night. I took a really nice shower and it was the perfect solution. I felt alive again ;)

I called Blair, thinking he was already awake, but he was still sleeping. While he was getting ready, I had time to go to the front desk and checked out. I just left my bags at Blair’s. He didn’t’ have time to check out before leaving to the meeting. Before the meeting, which was delayed at last minute we went to the Cathedral. Our appointment was in a building almost in front of the Cathedral, so I had some time to go there and this time nobody could stop me, hehehe.

Finally we had our meeting and it was a good one.

cross
In order to “celebrate” we decided to have lunch together – a churrasqueria again, hahaha. Hey, it was my last day in Rio. So a churrasqueria wasn’t a bad idea at all – especially because it’s one of the best or maybe the best in Rio, but I couldn’t enjoy it much because I didn’t want to eat anything. I still could feel all the food and drinks I had the night before.  One of the guys had his birthday, so we also celebrated that day. My friend and I didn’t want to eat much, so we just had some salad. I just had 1 slice of picanha. But the other guys ordered some wine. Uff. Then the desserts came. Well, I’m a sweet fan and couldn’t say no to them. I was thinking, ok, that’s all, I’m done. Suddenly they ordered something for the digestion, hahaha, hard liquor. I was kidding and said, ok, I’ll drink just if there is some Pisco. But there wasn’t any, so… But my friend ordered a shot of “43” for me. It was something new to me. I haven’t ever heard about that. The “43” is a Spanish liquor, a tasty one. Well, we were in Brazil, so an espresso was a  Must.

It was almost 3pm when we left the restaurant. My friend was supposed to drive me back to the hotel in order to meet Blair and get ready to leave. But he had to do a presentation and asked me to join him. So I went to his work, hehehe. We were thinking it would just take 30min, but took much longer. We were ready about 6 and I didn’t have time to do some shopping Blair wanted me to do. So I asked him to drive me straight to the hotel. He was also thinking about going to buy a bottle of cachaça, but it was late.

I said good bye to my friend and met Blair.

At 7:30pm we left the hotel in our way to the airport. The traffic was crazy, but we arrived on time to take our flight to Manaus

See you soon, Rio :)

leaving Rio
leaving Rio
Rio de Janeiro Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Porcao - a paradise for the senses
I went here with a group of Brazilian colleagues. We were celebrating somebody's birthday and they told me this place was THE ONE and you know, they d… read entire review