Macae - working but also having a good time and food :P

Macae Travel Blog

Praia Cavaleiros

This was another work day, but this time we didn’t stay just in Rio. We drove to Macae. Macae is not really a touristy place. It’s more an industrial city and is small compared to Rio, of course. We didn’t have any idea how far was Macae from Rio. I was thinking maybe just 1 ½ hours. A new friend drove us. The duration of this drive was 3 ½ hours!!! Oh my God, this friend is really kind :)

We left Rio around 9am and during the long trip I was talking to my friend / driver. We were talking about almost everything. Suddenly he asked me, what are you missing to do in Brazil? Mmm, well, having a caipirinha! His answer was: we are gonna fix it right now! Finally we arrived to Macae. It was lunch time.

Before starting to work, we had lunch.

tasty Moqueca
Macae is in front of the beach and has a nice one called: Praia dos Cavaleiros. We went to a restaurant in front of the beach. It was perfect. We took a sit in the terrace, enjoying the breeze and nice view.  I haven’t even taken a sit, when I saw a caipirinha waiting for me, hehehe. It was delicious and refreshing. We let our friend recommend us the food. We were at the beach, so we had fish and seafood. We had as appetizer:  CASQUINHA DE SIRI (crab meat) and CAMARÃO VG alho e oleo (large shrimp fried in oil and garlic). They were really tasty and as main dish Fred ordered a big platter of: MOQUECA. Moqueca is a traditional Brazilian seafood stew. It consists of fish, onions, garlic, tomatoes, cilantro, chili pepper (pimenta malagueta) and is slowly cooked in a traditional clay pot. The one we got had also shrimp, squid, octopus and was for 2 people, but it was more than enough for the 3 of us. It was really great. This Moqueca made me remember a Peruvian dish too. Wow! We were completely full and I was thinking how I would do it and go to a meeting after this huge lunch?

I did it! I went to my meeting and it was a good one. Our friend was waiting for us in order to drive us back to Rio. Isn’t he sweet? I was thinking, another long drive, oh no!!! But as the copilot, I had to be awake and talk as much as possible (not difficult for me ;) ), so the driver wouldn’t get bored. We left Macae around 5:30pm and went back to Rio

Morle says:
nice sunset
nice sunset
Macae Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Tasty Traditional Brazilian Food at the sea
Ilhote Sul's cuisine is known as one of the best in Macaé. They serve a really fresh sea food, fish, delicious meat, besides a variety of appetizers,… read entire review
photo by: yadilitta