Barcelona, Anaco - running from one place to another...

Anaco Travel Blog

nice common are in the hotel

After a 45min flight we arrived to Bacelona. It was around 10. I met a nice guy at the plain. We had to go to Anaco, which is a small city, an “industrial” city mainly, located near to Barcelona. I was asking him, how was the best way to go there, how long was the drive and how much would it cost. The airport in Barcelona is small and didn’t have an elevator operating at that time, so I had to carry my small suitcase downstairs to claim for our bags. The guy was waiting for me in order to help me taking the taxi.

Blair showed up and the guy got surprised. He wasn’t expecting my American Dad, hahaha.

tryng the local beer - a tradition
Anyway, he gave us useful tips and gave the right recommendations. We took a cab, before going in I arranged the price with the driver. I have already gotten an estimated price. The drive was longer than the flight. It took 1 ½ hrs. But we could enjoy beautiful landscapes in our way. During the drive, the taxi driver was telling me a bit about the country and the “orient”.

Finally we arrived to Anaco. It was 11:30, so we were traveling approx 12 hours, wow. That explained why Blair was so tired. I talked to the taxi driver, so he would come for us the next morning when we had to go to Maracaibo. We went to the hotel, wanted to check in, but it was still early for that. They just had 1 room ready. I decided Blair would have it and I would wait for mine. So he kept my bags there, while I went to a cybercafé to check my email. I was expecting news from the people we were going to meet.  I got their news and we were going to meet at 4pm. So I had plenty of time.

I went back to the hotel and my room was ready.

the biggest mall hahaha
I took a shower and met Blair downstairs to have lunch.  We were ready by 2 and our meeting was at 4:30pm. I asked the girl at the front desk how far it was from the hotel and she told me it was less than 10min away, so I had plenty of free time. The hotel is in a mall – the biggest in the city! So I decided to walk around there, see some shops and maybe I’d be able to find my magnet. I was getting tired, so I went back to the hotel and took a quick nap – just 30min.

We had our meeting. It was a good one. And by 6pm we were back in the hotel thinking what to do. I was just updating some info and resting for a while. Blair called me and asked me if I had any idea where we can have dinner. I remembered that while I was walking around the mall, I found a nice lounge – restaurant. So for dinner we went there. The place was nice. We had a good dinner and of course I got one of the local beers ;)

It wasn’t late, but I was feeling tired. I haven’t slept properly and next morning we had to leave early. Our flight would leave at 7am, which meant we had to be at the airport at 6am, so had to leave the hotel before 5am!!!!

Another busy day was coming…

Anaco Hotels & Accommodations review
A good place to stay in Anaco
I just stayed here for 1 night, so I'm not able to say much about it. We arrived before the checking time, but the girl at the front desk tried to he… read entire review
Anaco