Arriving to Rio – my free weekend was starting, yeah!!!

Rio de Janeiro Travel Blog

at the entrance of the hotel, hahaha. Next door was a bar and the cow was theirs ;)

After a loooooooooooong day (We have been flying the whole day, wow!) we finally arrived to Rio. It was still 6:20pm, when we landed. We were staying in Ipanema. The drive from the airport to Ipanema took approx 40min. By the time we were at the hotel, already checked in and ready to leave, it was almost 9pm.  The hotel was in a really nice area ��" I have to thank to my customer and his tip.

The hotel is just 2 blocks away from the beach and because it was Ipanema and Rio, it was expensive. But company pays, hehehe. The hotel was comfortable and the staff really friendly. I tried to speak portuñol with them (mix from Portuguese & Spanish). It was hilarious. My boss called me and told me he was hungry and wanted to go to have dinner. Mmm,  where could we go?

I went downstairs and the guy who helped me with the check in was gone, mmm.

at the Churrasqueria, my 1st dinner in Rio
At his place was a cute guy, hehehe, and I was a little girl lost in Rio and needing help, hahaha. Well, I have already got a friend here. Since then he always was ready to help me with any question or doubt. My boss was just laughing, hahaha.

I asked Tiago for some recommendations. What kind of food was I looking for? Well, we were in Rio, so a Churrasqueria was my choice.  The Churrasqueria is a whole concept. Ok, I’d write a review about them, but I can say that these places are for meat lovers ;) We had industrial quantities of meat and red wine. It was an Argentinian Malbec, yummy! Although I was full, I found room for the dessert, hahaha.

We went back to the hotel with the transfer service offered by the restaurant.

When we arrived Tiago was already gone.

Brazilian Beer - Devassa
I was looking to some touristy brochures and the bell boy approached to me. He offered me the same tour, but cheaper. He had a friend (Rodrigo) who was a tour guide. They have already organized a group of 4 people, but there was room for 2 more people. Saturday was my free day in Rio and I wanted to know as much as possible of the city before starting to work on Monday. This might not have been my first choice for exploring a city, but I was sure that my boss would have hated the idea of doing it in the “backpacker” style ��" my favorite one ��" I had already got a map of the city and Sammy’s suggestions!

Anyway, I accepted the tour idea and asked for a wake up call. The tour would departure early next morning!

Yeah!!!!

Morle says:
You stayed in Ipanema? Well, then I guess this song must be about you:

Tall and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one she passes goes - ah
When she walks, she's like a samba that swings so cool and sways so gently
That when she passes, each one she passes goes - aah
Ooh But he watches so sadly, How can he tell her he loves her,
Yes he would give his heart gladly,
but instead when she walks to the sea,
she looks straight ahead not at him,
Tall, and tan, and young, and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, he smiles - but she doesn't see

:-)))
Posted on: Apr 11, 2008
at the entrance of the hotel, haha…
at the entrance of the hotel, hah…
at the Churrasqueria, my 1st dinne…
at the Churrasqueria, my 1st dinn…
Rio de Janeiro Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Delicious Churrasqueria in Rio
Well, I should say this place is expensive, but the whole city is pricy, so... Churrasqueria? Sushi? Vegetarian? Barra Brasa is difficult to categ… read entire review
Rio de Janeiro General Tips & Advice review
A Churrasqueria - great meat and great concept
Wow! A churrasqueria is a whole concept which started in Brazil but now you can find it in different places. You arrive to the place, take a sit at… read entire review
Rio de Janeiro General Tips & Advice review
Airport in Rio de Janeiro - Rio de Janeiro-Galeão (GIG)
When I was traveling around South America, because of business, Rio was part of my agenda, poor girl, haha. And these are my impressions of this aipor… read entire review