Antananarivo Travel Blog

Back to Tana for a day.

Spent the last few days snorkling in amazing places up north... as well as meeting new people. Managed to get friendly with a CRS (policeman) see how bad holidays makes me. He promised to keep me out of troubles if I ever needed some help so i have now an emergency number for troubles... not bad for a day in the middle of no where....

I even went sailing... the design of the boat was from Brittany, what a surprise.... very good day, lots of wind, first time in my life we ended up taking hitchhikers with the boat.... funny!

Tana is a hard city as any capitale of a poor country where poverty is much more striking especially with the kids in the street. Will look forward to making my way south through rice paddies and small villages. In the meantime, I saw some very weird thinghs on the market and am thinking of setting up a pool when I am back where I will show pictures and get bets on what it is...

For now, I am going to go for a nap... as always - have slept less than 10 hours per night for the last 12 days... sweet! And then planning for a cool beer (not that cold aroundhere) before a nice steak of Zebu .... I had some loca fois gras yesterday which was real good even for me (nothing like my mother's but still...). Am looking forward to seeing madagascar fois gras on the french markets around christmas!!!!)

Finally heading south tomorrow, expecting to spend the next 2 weeks on the road. Should be interesting.... Taxi brousse here I am!

photo by: Mikie