First Adelaide, then who knows!

Adelaide Travel Blog

I figured I'd better write one of these things as everyone seems to be doing it! First off, I've been in Adelaide for spot on 2 months so far
and am heading over to Melbourne to meet a mate of mine from England which should be cool! Ive booked myself into Cooee Backpackers on St Kilda which is apparently the place to be, really modern and at $28 a night not too expensive. I've been told Melbourne is very "cosmopolitan" and I'm not sure if thats me but it will be good to meet up with a friend, as well as hopefully making a few more!
Ive now ordered a custom surfboard from and the guys delivering it to me in Melbourne but Ive been told theres no good surf in Melbourne either (to be fair there won't be any good surfing while I'm in there anyway!) so I'm thinking about heading to Torquay where I've already been and its a cool little town with the famous Bells Beach, which I was too chicken to surf (it was about 16 foot!). One gripe already is that Greyhound buses don't take boards bigger than 2m and at 2.15m, my board is too big so has anyone got any ideas of alternative travel
solutions that can take it? By the way, if anyones thinking about driving the Great Ocean Road - DO IT! Really good drive with mile after mile of coast and some great shops at Apollo Bay. Anyway, thats it from me so far, if anyones got any comments or advice I'd be glad to hear it!