Flight from Melbourne/Sydney to KL, Malaysia

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

It was a straight forward flight. Flying by Jetstar in the Airbus 330 there was only one program. I pre-ordered a window seat which was great. Got a seat at almost the rear of the plane, but noticed there is a box to the left, under the seat in front of you. This restricts  your foot space making it uncomfortable for people generally but especially people with long legs or big feet.

All window seats have this problem on this plane...lucky I had no one next to me and I could stretch out.

Another tip. I pre-booked a bus fare from the airport, not realising, KL has two airports (domestic and international) amd that are roughtly 20 minutes apart by bus. I booked the bus which leaves the LCCT instead of the KL main airport, so I had to get a bus and pay extra to go to the LCCT bus depot. It would have been cheaper and less time to catch the bus from the terminal you arrive in, so check your airport details.

Buses between airport were RM$1.50 and to the KL Central city bus deport around RM$9 to RM$10.

Staying at Stayorange hotel for a single room with ensuite for 5 days at approx. RM$350.