New Orleans, via Las Vegas

Las Vegas Travel Blog

A few of my friends and myself rented a car and drove from Phoenix to Las Vegas yesterday.  We left a little later than we had hoped to, and ended up being just on time for the Roadrunners vs Wranglers minor league hockey game, at the Orleans Arena.  The arena seemed to be fairly well organized, we got our tickets and found our seats fairly easily.  I was thankful that we had travelled as a group, as we were rooting for the away team, and we ended up sitting with about 20 of our Roadrunner Booster Club friends and having a great time.  The game was exciting, the boys played as hard as they could have, but we did end up losing by one point which the opposing team scored in the last 5 minutes of the last period.

After the game, we went over to the main hotel to check into our rooms.  The check in process was easy, and we got clear directions to our room.  The room was nice, we got 2 queen beds, there was also a good sized bathroom and a small sitting area with a couch, chair, and coffee table.  We had thought from looking at the hotel from the outside that there were patios, but that turned out to not be the case.  We couldn't open the window, except for the small bathroom window to let steam out, which was good because there didn't seem to be a fan in the room.  We split up and I tried to find a $5 blackjack table with no luck, so we ended up getting back together for a late dinner and then we went off to bowling, which ended up not happening.  I was tired by then so I went to bed, and slept pretty well.  The pillows in the room were pretty sad, but fortunatley I had brought my own.

This morning, woke up around 9, got showered and packed, and went downstairs to try and gamble again.  Again, it didn't work out, so that's when I started back up to the room, but before I got there I ran into my friends.  They told me that I could join the players club and get a free breakfast, so I went to do that while they went up to wake up our other friend.  We all ate breakfast at the buffet, and got back to Phoenix around 6.

It was a very nice trip.  I would stay at the Orleans again, but possibly during the week with the hopes that I could find some $5 blackjack tables.

crysohara says:
You have been the best travel buddy.
Posted on: Apr 12, 2008
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!……