Santa Monica

Santa Monica Travel Blog

Colorful
This morning it was time to pick up the Harley. A brand new Electroglide. Andrew was excited but I was not. I don't like motorbikes so was not looking forward to this part. Andrew got a map with suggested travel and approxamate times that each route would take. We headed towards Lincoln Blvd to a Chopper shop first. Then it was on to Santa Monica on the way back to our hotel. After lunch I asked Andrew which route he had decided we go on. Andrew said that as the shortest ride was about 1 hour and I wouldn't like to travel too far, we would just go back to Santa Monica. We knew that it would only be a half hour ride. Sounds good but Andrew took a wrong turn, I think we were on Ventura Hwy? Know we were on Coldwater Canyon Rd! Then Mullholland Drive. Two hours later, we got to Santa Monica Beach. We had a nice stroll, it is an interesting place. We did go back to the hotel the right way though, via Rodeo Drive. I'm sure we were smiled at by one of the shop assistants. I guess she thought we had some money to spend. Definately not my idea of good comfortable transport but it was an interesting day.
rotorhead85 says:
Getting lost is a great way to discover new places!
Posted on: Jul 27, 2008