Today our trip begins

Adelaide Travel Blog

This trip has been a long time in the planning.  First of all I thought that maybe I would like to go back to Belfast, Northern Ireland, where I was born, to celebrate my 50th birthday.

Andrew didn't want to leave Australia. Then Andrew said that there was nothing that he wanted to see in the United Kingdom.  Andrew said that all we would do is visit my relatives!

Well, as much as I always knew that visiting relatives would be part of the trip, I wasn't going to spend all of that money to just visit relatives, so plan B.  I always wanted to go to Alaska.

It took a while to find the cruise and other things that we would want to do. Of course there were a lot more things that we wanted to do but it was the case of deciding the best itinery for us this time.

So, a longer cruise than planned, a longer stay in Vancouver and a few more stops than we originally had planned but still not as long or as much as we would really like.

Andrew still had his reservations about leaving Australia.  A bit of coaxing by hiring a Mustang Convertable and a Harley!

So now the day has come!

Up bright and early!  Adelaide to Sydney. A few hours before our flight to LA.

The trip of a lifetime for me!

Adelaide