Enjoying the Water in Lima at Night :)
Lima Travel Blog› entry 1 of 1 › view all entries
Personally, I prefer to discover a city just by my own. I mean, I don't like going with a guided tour. But this time was different. My boss came to Lima during Easter and before being able to travel to our destinations in South America, we had to spend some free time in Lima.
He has been here several times, but never could know the city, always was running from one place to another. Anyway, he wanted to take a tour and I chose this one, because I wasn't at the Parque de la Reserva before. My boss was feeling a bit guilty, because I spent almost all my Easter holidays with him, so he decided to give me his ticket, in order to invite whoever I want. And I did it ;)
The Tour was called: "Lima de Noche" (Lima at night). The van picked us up from Miraflores and drove us to the Parque de la Reserva in downtown.
The group of fountains is known as: "Circuito Magico del Agua" (Magic Water Circuit) and has 13 fountains, the most attractive are:
- Fuente Magica (Magic Fountain): 80m high.
- Fuente de la Fantasia (Fantasy Fountain): the water dances according the musicok
- Fuente de la Cupula Visitable: you can get inside this dome and get wet.
- Fuente de la Armonia (Armony Fountain): it's like a pyramid. Hey if Paris has its pyramid, why can't Lima have its own, ;)
- Fuente tunel de las sorpresas (Surprises tunnel Fountain): you can walk under the water tunnel.
- Fuente de los Ninos (Children's fountain): maybe the funniest. Children play and get wet here.
We visited all the fountains. I was amazed by this huge park and nice fountains. It has been in Lima for almost 2 years, but I never found time to visit them. I'm glad I did it, better later than never. The show was amazing. The park was full (but not so much) with people from different ages, different countries. Everybody was having fun and enjoying a nice day. I recommend you going during the sunset, so you'd be able to see them with daylight and also at night.
Children were having so much fun ath the Fuente de Los Ninos, but I got wet at one fountain too, hahaha.
After walking through the park, we drove through old Lima at night. Lima's buildings are so nice, specially at nights. I love how my loved Lima looked at night. I'm proud of my city, hehehe.
Now, I can give my TB new recommendations ;)