Ruins? What ruins?

Copan Travel Blog

Thankfully we managed to leave the hell hole of San Pedro Sula relatively early and sat on the bus for a few hours before reaching Copan Ruinas.  We settled into the relatively cheap but nice Hotel Gemelos and spent the next three days lounging, eating good food, realizing we are both fat and breaking our vow of sobriety.  The town of Copan is really beautiful (surrounded by green mountains, coffee plantations, cobblestone streets, colorful buildings and houses surrounding a center with a tropical garden and fountain), which makes me feel allright about skipping the ruins, especially since I saw them two years ago.  It is also a celebratory festival week for the Copaners so we got to here fireworks all day and hear loud reggaeton.  Cool!  The crowning of the queen was a little too high school for me so we went to a bar and drank some free drinks.  Thanks Glen you old fool!  Oh ya, and Christine has now acquired a dangerous and certainly deadly addiction.  To romance novels.

This is christine. here´s the misconception with romance novels- everyone thinks they´re trashy and predictable! nooo no no no. nora roberts and danielle steel (you know who they are, i KNOW YOU KNOW) are really brilliant, unpredictable writers. they´ve really taught me a lot, for instance, ladies, even if you are in trouble, DIRE HORRIBLE TROUBLE there will always be a handsome perfect man to pick you back up. DONT WORRY. stay where you are. he will be there.

Copan