Palenque? or hell?

Palenque Travel Blog

Oh Palenque. The night after the Day of the Dead celebrations, Katie and I decided to separate temporarily, her destined to stay in the city of her dreams, San Cristobal. And I decided that I might regret it if i didn´t get the chance to see these famous ruins in the middle of the jungle about 5 hours away from San Cristobal. After all, how often do you get the chance to see ancient ruins in the middle of the jungle in Mexico? So, I got on the bus with my Austrailian and French Canadian travel partners, and  no more then an hour after the bus pulled away from S.C, i got a burning fever that didn´t break until i got back to S.C the next day. So here i am, tryin my best to drag my poor fever-ridden body up these massive ancient palaces with little mexican kids following me trying to sell me "mayan" paraphenalia with crowds of old white tourists snapping picture after picture. It could have been really amazing if i didn´t want to die the entire time.  I told Katie when i got back that those would be the last ruins I will ever go to. Sorry Palenque, I am sure you were quite a site at one time.
Palenque