The Life Aquatic with Katie and Christine

San Pedro Sula Travel Blog

By the end of the week neither our wallets nor our red skin could afford any more time in Belize, so we left the country for Honduras.  We learned our lesson (see previous entry) about bus travel and opted for a boat ride.  Little did we know what a brilliant decision this would turn out to be!  I was thinking strictly in terms of transportation, but it ended up being quite a little adventure!  The first hour was rather uneventful, but soon we were side by side with a Sperm Whale (the gentle giants of the sea) blowing stuff out of it´s blowhole and splashing it´s big floppy tale at us.  It was probably about 20 feet away from our little boat!  After this Christine and I decided to move to the bow (for you land-dwellers that means the front) and soon a school of dolphins (the clowns of the sea) were happily splashing, flipping around and showing off all around us!  There must have been about 15 of them so close we cold have touched them, but since we both paid 100 Belizean dollars for the trip (and I definetely didn´t sign any waivers upon boarding) we decided not to risk it.  We arrived in the port shortly afterward, where the hot sticky reality of non-marine life hit us like a pile of annoying Honduran taxi drivers.  This, coupled with the loud complaints of an old american traveller (you´re ruining it for all of us jerk!) had us running for the bus (well, not really running...you try it with a 40 lb pack on!) but unfortunately we arrived in San Pedro Sula too late for the bus to Copan.  We did accomplish a lot in that day, however, and celebrated with 3 trips to the Pizza Hut salad bar and a hotel room with TV.  God bless you Warner Channel.
Isoinspira says:
Lol!! I lived in San Pedro Sula for a year:) I can just imagine!!
Posted on: Apr 02, 2007
mumegs says:
Eeww San Pedro!

esta noche...
Prime Time Warner Channel!!
Posted on: Mar 19, 2007