Almost there

Santa Marta Travel Blog

Santa Marta is what I consider to be, after visiting approxamitaley 3 Colombian cities, a more real version of what the country is like.  Yes Cartagena is beautiful, and it has a mud volcano in it`s outskirts, but Santa Marta is a real place where people have jobs and life doesn`t revolve around tourism.  There`s also a pretty darn good night life, and a cheap restaurant where almost every plate you order comes with french fries.  Luckily for the not drunk and fat, it also has something to offer in it`s outskirts, like the beautiful Parque Tayrona, with it`s palm tree beaches, green hills, jagged rock islands and extensive scuba diving in the nearby reef (I saw two lobsters, a huge crab, a green moray, and a stingray.  for the record.)  But now I am tired of all this action and will be placing myself on the slow long bus to Bogota for some last minute museum action with a splash of culture on top.  I`m gonna need all the culture I can get before I head back to Detroit!

ps.  do you see how small the line is on my map between cartagena and santa marta?  that bus ride took 6 1/2 hours!

kt_christine says:
cool im posting a comment on my own websit.e so a stingray, huh? cooooooool. i want to scuba. katie i was suckered into setting up a facebook account. come home soon!@!!
Posted on: May 29, 2007
scarr says:
Thats some story. I'm thinking you are more adventurous than I am. That is awesome though. Have fun.
Posted on: May 28, 2007