North Attleboro Travel Blog

Falls Pond

First thing I did this morning was go to the office and ask about blinds. She gave me one for the bedroom but didn't have any for the living room. Oh well our plans for today were to go to the closest beach, well any beach that we could find. Our priorities were beach 1st, window coverings 2nd. lol We started out finding a pretty pond by the apartment building called Falls Pond so we stopped there. A guy came to us & said since we were not residents, we would have to pay a fee. I just said, "I am going to take some pictures" and then we left. A fee to swim in a pond or rather look at it! WTH? Somewhere heading on 195 was a sign for a beach, so we took the exit and ended up at Horseneck Beach. Being mid-season there was a $10 fee to park. We thought it was rather pricey but split it among the 3 of us. It was crowded but is 2 miles long and was a nice beach. with restrooms, picnic tables and a consession stand. We were here a couple hours and then on the way back, we saw signs for Logan Airport and ended up there.

We hung out there a while and then headed to do some shopping for some much needed things including white curtains and rods. When I was checking out, we found out it was Tax-Free Day in Massachusetts. How grande since I was getting $100 worth! Evidently, this takes place once a year in August. We returned back and got the blinds and curtains up. Nicole and Kristen left the next morning.

North Attleboro