be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.xx

London Travel Blog

So there I was bitching about the price of everything in OZ, which I'm sure other cans relate to. The last time I went 10 years ago, it was 2 1/2$ to the pound, and everything was cheaper than "asda price" as there fond of saying in Turkey. Well times have changed, and OZ ain't so cheap any more, especially without a friend arranging for me to stay with their friends the whole 3 months. I don't think I realised just how lucky I was not to spend more than 3 nights in a hostel in 12 weeks.
This time it's different. It's expensive.

So I digress, my partner told me to stop whining and just spend the money. Being rather spend thrift the words stung me. I had to take a moment to take stock and realise, at no other time in my life have I had the finance or freedom to do what I've dreamt of for the last 10 years. Am here I am thinking of changing up the whole plan just to save a free dollars.....

So me, being me. Decided to go one better. " were else have you always wanted to go, I asked myself". South America sprung to mind. I had my travel agent on the phone straight away. After much negotiation my ticket has now become a RTW, and I go to SA until the 1st of November. woooooooooooooooo

This did not go down well at home. I was forced to remind him of his words " stop moaning, do this, it's the trip of a life time, spend the money".

With a whole different continent, and an extra 6 weeks thrown in, it looks like it just might be the trip of a life time. Lets hope I can afford it
photo by: ulysses