My wild weekend in Florence

Florence Travel Blog

Me in front of the Duomo

So I did a viewpoints workshop this weekend and for all who dont know viewpoints is this weird physical way to build an ensemble.  We had a 8 hour workshop on Saturday, but I needed to get away from the villa.  I had planned to go to Florence and stay at a hostel with three of my friends, but they did not do the workshop and could not find a hostel. I didnt know what i was going to do, but my friend KK said that we could possibly stay with her friend Tom.  So on saturday night after showering and putting on my boots I went to the train station with KK.  I, of course, brought too much stuff, but didnt really care.  We bought tickets on the 9 PM train, so we ate a little pizzeria before hand.

Me at the Ponte Vechio
  Then we got on the train where we were the only two people there, except for this creepy Italian guys.  They were older guys who were missing teeth and I just spent the time trying to ignore their advances.

Then we made it to Florence and met KKs friend Tom who walked us to his apartment.  Walking through Florence was so incredible because it seemed so metropolitain.  I guess because we live in a small town it just seeemed like Florence was enormous.  When we walked by the duomo I just stopped because I really could not believe how big it was.  It was one of the most awesome experiences just to look at it. We walked to KKs friend, Toms house, where I put down my stuff and marveled at the enormity and disgustingness of his apartment.  I felt like the country mouse who had gone to the big city. More later... so many classes so little time to write

The duomo