Thoughts while hiking around the Vineyard area

Arezzo Travel Blog

I feel like every Rosh Hashana I have spent my time in Temple trying to think about my life and the whole significance of the universe. There is a whole theme about Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur relating to the idea of dying and being reborn. Today I felt like I was reborn and it was a spiritual experience outside of the synagogue. I decided to take a walk by myself all around the Tuscan hills where I live. I walked by tons of vineyards that were incredibly beautiful. I even happened upon a horse and I felt at peace. It is interesting because all of the people on my program have started coupling up and I am spending this time discovering myself. I want to find another person and I am sure I will, but I definitely don't think that they will be from this theater program. I am also really glad I am doing this now because if I had waited until after college I think that nothing about me would have changed and it was more than high time I stopped to take a look at my life and myself as an actress and artist. I love theater and acting and this trip has just reinforced me into believing that I really cannot see myself doing anything else, however this does not mean that I necessarily have to live in Los Angeles. Today was a wonderful sunday of doing nothing and loving it and I look forward to more time to really start understanding myself and where I fit in the world around me. Before I was afraid to really do things alone, but I am not scared anymore and I see that I am just starting on my journey.
ophirh says:
beautiful entry! I didn't know you were a jew, sister ;)
Rosh Hashana is really for checking yourself, and ofcourse Yom Kipur is for checking your good and bad deeds during the last year.
For your last statement, well... there is this saying that he who doesn't dare doesn't succeed (i think this is how it goes in english). And it's so true. People are afraid to do things, usually by themselves, and only after giving it a real shot, they see how easy it is and more than that, it fills them with confidence.
Shana Tova!!!