Wednesday........haircut in Quito

Quito Travel Blog

FRiDAY'S, well I had to include a pic of something

Lessons from 8:30 until 12:30.  Lunch around 1 pm.  At 2 pm went to San Luis in the nearby Laureles del Valle shopping centre with Marie Jose, 13, Mariana’s daughter, by taxi USD5.  The house overlooks the Laurel Valley, not Quito

We went to the hairdresser and I had a haircut, tips and tint for USD80, very expensive for here, but I needed it sorted.  There were about 6 hairdressers sitting around talking when I arrived; not difficult to get an appointment here.

Maria Jose sat near me and waited for around 1 ½ hours; I told her to go and look at the shops, but she waited patiently without even a book to read.  I didn’t see any magazines to read, like in Oz.  The guy spoke some English, but I must admit that when he kept telling me that I was to have a shower, I tried to improve his English.  For him, washing my hair equated to me having a shower.

After the hairdresser I took Maria Jose to have an ice-cream and then she left to catch a bus to Quito for salsa lessons.  I found a restaurant with wifi, FRiDAYS, and had some bread and wine while I checked my emails and did some blogging.  Afterwards I took a taxi home, USD5.  Talked to Hayley for a while and then we went in and had tea around 8:45.

FRiDAYS, well I had to include a …
FRiDAY'S, well I had to include a…
photo by: Bluetraveler